Revived Soul Medical P.C.
Psychiatric Clinic located in Midwood Brooklyn, NY; Fort Greene Brooklyn, NY & Brighton Beach Brooklyn, NY
More than 7% of children have attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) worldwide, while more than 3% of adults live with the condition. Because ADHD can lead to learning struggles in children and poor job performance in adults (among other issues), the team of skilled mental health providers at Revived Soul Medical P.C. offers individualized ADHD care at their Brooklyn, New York-based, locations in Midwood and Brighton Beach. You can book an ADHD evaluation at any office either online or over the phone.
ADHD Q & A
What are the symptoms of ADHD?
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) affects children more than twice as much as adults. While children often outgrow ADHD after adolescence, sometimes symptoms linger into adulthood. If your child has ADHD, you may notice them:
- Switching tasks often
- Becoming easily distracted
- Having difficulty following instructions
- Fidgeting or having difficulty holding still
- Not listening, even when you speak to them directly
These symptoms can affect you as an adult, too. Adults with ADHD may also struggle with:
- Impulsiveness and acting without thinking about consequences
- Overlooking important details or making careless mistakes
- Being disorganized or unable to complete tasks
ADHD is certainly manageable for both children and adults, no matter how minor or how severe your symptoms are.
When should I see a mental health provider for ADHD?
The caring mental health providers at Revived Soul Medical P.C. encourage you to come in for an evaluation if you or your child experience symptoms of ADHD. It’s important to come in as soon as possible if ADHD leads to:
- Learning difficulties or falling behind in schoolwork
- Poor work performance or risk of losing your job
- Unsafe behaviors, such as gambling
- Forgetfulness of daily activities
Your dedicated practitioner at Revived Soul Medical P.C. performs a comprehensive evaluation to diagnose ADHD and talks with you about all possible treatment options in an effort to improve your quality of life.
How is ADHD treated?
Treating ADHD usually involves combining prescription medications with lifestyle changes and medical intervention. Depending on the severity of your or your child’s ADHD symptoms, your dedicated mental health provider at Revived Soul Medical P.C. could recommend:
- Stress-management techniques, such as deep breathing exercises
- Stimulant or nonstimulant medications
- Antidepressant medications
- Therapy sessions
Your practitioner at Revived Soul Medical P.C. can also help you learn to develop a routine and schedule so you have organized tasks to follow throughout the day. With a dedication to your ADHD treatment plan, you can learn to overcome the life-alerting symptoms of ADHD quickly.
If you’re experiencing symptoms of ADHD, schedule an appointment at Revived Soul Medical P.C. today.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)more info
Mental Healthmore info
Panic Attackmore info
Substance Abusemore info
Eating Disordersmore info