Revived Soul Medical P.C.
Psychiatric Clinic located in Midwood Brooklyn, NY; Fort Greene Brooklyn, NY & Brighton Beach Brooklyn, NY
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating mental health disorders. Revived Soul Medical P.C., which has three Brooklyn, New York-based, locations in Midwood and Brighton Beach, offers personalized care with a dedicated board-certified psychiatrist. Find out more by booking an evaluation online today or by calling your nearest office to speak with a team member.
Psychiatrist Q & A
What does a psychiatrist do?
A psychiatrist is a mental health expert who helps you restore and improve your quality of life. Psychiatrists can diagnose and treat:
- Panic attacks
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Depression and anxiety
- Addiction, such as substance abuse
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Psychiatrists can care for you and every member of your family so you can work together to enhance your mental well-being.
When should I see a psychiatrist?
The psychiatry team at Revived Soul Medical P.C. is available to help you with any mental health concerns you have. You may need to see a psychiatrist for any of the following reasons:
- Abuse of drugs or alcohol
- Diagnosis of a serious or terminal illness
- Hearing voices or experiencing hallucinations
- Difficulty focusing, concentrating, or holding still
- Experiencing feelings of sadness or hopelessness
- Having unhealthy habits, such as frequent gambling or unsafe sex practices
- Extreme mood swings, such as feelings of elation followed by deep sadness
- Avoidance of activities or situations that make you fearful (even though they’re safe)
Psychiatrists are also an essential part of your health care team if you or a loved one struggle with dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease. Because dementia can lead to memory loss, accidents (including falls), and difficulty performing daily tasks, regular medical intervention is essential.
It’s particularly important to see a psychiatrist if you have thoughts of harming yourself or committing suicide (seek emergency medical attention if this applies to you). But no matter how minor or complex your mental health concerns are, the psychiatry team at Revived Soul Medical P.C. can help.
Which treatments does a psychiatrist provide?
As a medical doctor, psychiatrists are trained to provide both counseling and modern medical intervention, such as prescription medications. Depending on your diagnosis and the severity of your symptoms, your dedicated psychiatrist at Revived Soul Medical P.C. may suggest one or more of these therapies:
- Antidepressant, stimulant, anti-anxiety, or antipsychotic drugs
- Regular psychotherapy sessions
- Lifestyle changes, such as smoking cessation
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Referral to occupational therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Activity modifications
Your psychiatrist at Revived Soul Medical P.C. can even partner with your primary care physician to ensure you’re receiving comprehensive care for any underlying health conditions.
You have access to a team of top-rated psychiatrists at Revived Soul Medical P.C. Find out more by booking an exam online or over the phone with any office location.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)more info
Mental Healthmore info
Panic Attackmore info
Substance Abusemore info
Eating Disordersmore info