Revived Soul Medical P.C.
Psychiatric Clinic located in Midwood Brooklyn, NY; Fort Greene Brooklyn, NY & Brighton Beach Brooklyn, NY
In a given year, more than 6% of American adults struggle with a major depressive disorder, while about 1.5% of adults battle with persistent depressive disorder. If you’re experiencing mood swings, loss of interest in enjoyable activities, or overall sadness, schedule an evaluation for depression at Revived Soul Medical P.C. at their Brooklyn, New York-based, locations in Midwood and Brighton Beach. Schedule your appointment online or call your nearest office directly.
Depression Q & A
Why do I have depression?
Depression is a long-lasting mood disorder that can lead to ongoing sadness and changes in your behavior that affect your relationships, work, and daily routines. You may struggle with depression for a variety of reasons, including:
- Substance abuse, such as alcoholism
- Inherited traits or biological changes in your brain
- Changes in seasons (seasonal affective disorder, or SAD)
- Hormonal changes after childbirth (postpartum depression)
- Experiencing or observing a traumatic event (posttraumatic stress disorder, or PTSD)
Depression can last for several weeks or months, or you can experience symptoms for years (persistent depressive disorder). In any case, because depression can lower your quality of life, it’s important to seek professional help if you experience changes in your moods or behaviors.
What are the symptoms of depression?
Depression can lead to a wide variety of symptoms that affect you on a daily basis or several times throughout the month. The compassionate team of mental health providers at Revived Soul Medical P.C. encourages you to come in for an evaluation if you’re experiencing one or more of the following symptoms of depression:
- Fatigue or lethargy
- Anxiety or restlessness
- Feelings of hopelessness or sadness
- Unexplained body aches or headaches
- Sleep changes (either too much or too little)
- Loss of interest in hobbies and enjoyable activities
- Disinterest in socialization or spending time with loved ones
- Extreme mood swings with dramatic highs and lows (bipolar disorder)
In severe cases, as with psychotic depression, you may have hallucinations or paranoia. You might even have feelings of worthlessness and thoughts of suicide. If any of these symptoms sound like you, Revived Soul Medical P.C. can help.
How is depression treated?
Treating depression often involves a combination of professional therapies, lifestyle changes (such as exercise planning), and prescription medications. Depending on your specific depression diagnosis, your dedicated practitioner at Revived Soul Medical P.C. may recommend regular psychotherapy sessions and any of the following medications:
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Mood stabilizers or antipsychotic drugs
- Anti-anxiety or stimulant medications
- Atypical or tricyclic antidepressants
Revived Soul Medical P.C. also offers transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). This groundbreaking treatment for depression involves placing an electromagnetic coil near your forehead.
TMS sends out painless magnetic pulses that activate parts of your brain involved in mood. With ongoing treatments, TMS helps resolve depression symptoms so you can restore your quality of life.
If you’re struggling with depression, you can receive the compassionate care you need at Revived Soul Medical P.C. Book your evaluation online or over the phone today.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)more info
Mental Healthmore info
Panic Attackmore info
Substance Abusemore info
Eating Disordersmore info